Sunday, August 31, 2008

Grandpa and Milo

Grandpa comes by almost every day for a little quality Milo-time (and mama often gets to take a shower when he comes by, which is totally thrilling -- thank you Grandpa!!) These are two particularly adorable shots from today:



Milo was in a very smiley mood. We also took a walk with the stroller (Milo in his carseat), and that went well, with a couple of squawks and whimpers -- I'm hoping to be able to walk him to sleep, to add to my "how to get Milo to sleep" arsenal (right now, we have nursing him down and bouncing/rocking him down and sometimes he'll go to sleep in the swing, while swinging -- I have not yet gotten desperate enough to throw him in the car and drive around, mainly because his really fussy times tend to be in the middle of the night and I don't trust myself to drive). He's really a pretty swell baby, I must say!

We've also been trying my new Maya Wrap sling (just a standard ring sling), and I think I see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel -- he didn't loathe it immediately, just after 3 minutes or so. Eventually I'll get him in one of these things!!

We're also having him nurse from a bottle, since he'll need to at daycare -- that's also going fairly smoothly, although he doesn't like it even remotely as much as the real thing. But he'll try, and that's most of the battle.

It's a beautiful day here, not nearly so hot -- I finally buckled down and got a portable air conditioner, which Grandpa and Papi very nicely picked up and installed for me. So this week, when it's 94 every day, Milo and I won't be quite so horribly hot. He really hated the intense heat of last week, as did I -- particularly since my body temp rises every time I nurse, yargh.

All is well here at Keokuk Street!

Love,

Sara & Milo

No comments:

Post a Comment