It's another silly-look-day for Milo -- he's been having some fussy days (and nights) lately, so I haven't been able to get a good pic of him in his happy, smiley mode. I think last week was the three-week growth spurt, so I can't blame the current fussiness on that, sigh.I decided that as long as Milo is nursing (and thus facing me), TV can't rot his brain, so I thought about what long-winded TV series to netflix, to fill the nursing hours. I'm slightly ashamed (but not too ashamed to mention it here) that I ended up choosing the seven seasons of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" -- that should tell you all you need to know about how much intelligence my brain can handle at this point. After a fun conversation with Beto about old TV-series that we loved, I've also decided to add the original "Brideshead Revisited" (ah, Jeremy Irons is so delicious in that) and "The Jewel in the Crown" -- but not until I'm done with Buffy, as I don't think I have the mental capacity yet to take in honestly intelligent plotlines. I must say, though, I always hit mute when Buffy has a fight scene, so that Milo doesn't have to listen to the violence. I was going to just watch the three Lord of the Rings movies (extended versions -- because of course I own the special edition DVDs, true fan that I am), but that's just too much blood and screaming for me these days, and way too much for a tiny infant!
Ah, I hear Milo making some waking-up noises in the background, that's my cue -- happy Monday to you all!
Love,
Sara and Milobug
Buffy is an excellent choice, we are just starting season 5 tonight.
ReplyDeleteYou may want to try I Claudius or Upstairs Downstairs, those are pretty good ones.
And the newest series of Dr Who is totally fantastic....
christy