Monday, July 7, 2008

Still very pregnant...






Yep, still pregnant -- this little boy is very comfy, and apparently not interested in going anytime soon, I suspect. I'm officially 39 weeks along, starting week 40 tomorrow -- things are cooking here in Northern California (a nice dry 96 degrees today, and I'm starting to wonder if labor will be fun if only because the birth center is just so very, very air conditioned...) Maybe "fun" is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.






Still feeling good, going to pre-natal yoga, able to fit behind the wheel of my car (I literally have one pinkie's-width of room to grow, though, before I'll start getting steering wheel burns on my belly). I have also discovered that a half hour of vacuuming necessitates a good hour of rest, though, so I'm certainly slowing down.






I've been trying to see a lot of movies (since those days will soon be over for a really long time) and can highly recommend this marvelous, albeit rip-your-heart-out, British film called "When was the last time you saw your father?" for anyone wanting to sob uncontrollably over the difficulties of the father-son relationship (Colin Firth is stellar, Jim Broadbent a joy, as always). On an entirely other cultural note, I also saw the new Indiana Jones movie, which, aside from giving me anthill nightmares for the rest of the week, was just the sort of silly escapade movie that I was jonesing for. Tomorrow: Ironman or maybe Hancock. I sense a theme.






I found this photo which I took of myself when barely pregnant -- I mean, like a month or two along, although I can't seem to remember (let's see now if I can figure out how to imbed photos in the text of the blog...)






Hmm,




Something tells me that didn't work. I meant it to be a prequel to this photo -- the "holy cow, look at the belly now!" photo:




No comments:

Post a Comment