Monday, March 9, 2009

This last weekend Milo and I got to spend three days in the snow at Tahoe -- it was a very fun adventure, and Milo was very excited at all the new things he got to see. We spent Saturday and Sunday at Alpine Meadows, and Milo loved the lodge (he's too young for cocoa, but there was lots of people-watching and other babies to smile at). His grandpa skied on Saturday and then on Sunday, Grandpa did a little babysitting and I got to ski too! It was wonderful, a perfect weekend.

In other news, Milo now has four teeth, all growing fast (two upper and two lower, all in front -- he's going to look like a bunny rabbit with buck teeth just in time for Easter). The last time he went to the doctor he was 19 1/2 pounds and 28 1/2 inches long -- about the size of a one year old. He's eating sweet potato and pureed pear and applesauce and some other pureed fruit -- I wish I could capture on film the hilarious look of "hmm, that's NOT what I was expecting" that crosses his face after most bites (of course, then he opens his mouth eagerly for more, so who knows what's going on in that little mind...) He's still not crawling, and doesn't seem inclined to figure it out any time soon, but he has displayed a frightening new trick of trying to pull himself up to standing when he's in his crib or pack'n'play. Oh dear god. My harried future awaits...




The next picture has been a LONG time coming -- this is Milo hanging out on the gorgeous quilt that his Auntie Annika made for him (and this was truly a labor of love). Look at how happy he is! He doesn't know what a work of art his little fanny is resting on (he's lucky I didn't tack the quilt to the wall, and am actually deigning to let him near it...)






No comments:

Post a Comment