Walk anywhere (just starting to run, oh dear)
Shake his head "no" and nod "yes"
Blow a kiss
Hold a forefinger to his mouth and say "sshhh"
Kick a ball
Pet the cat gently (finally)
Climb a ladder (so help me god)
Clink glasses before taking a sip, do a fist bump, and a high five (all skills that will come in handy during his teen years)
Oh, and he says: Mama, mimi (meaning mommy), Baba (that's his name for Grampa), nana (for banana), moo (the sound a cow makes), bubble, ball, buh (for bird). He understands 90% of what I say and manages to convey his own meaning back with gestures, pleading looks, a lot of pointing, and a certain amount of willingness to guess on his mother's part.
Here are some recent photos -- Halloween, then Christmas 2009!




Christmas morning -- a boy and his bright red roadster!
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but Claudia Ayres has passed away. Details on the Royal Redwood Ranch alumni blog (I tracked down this blog from one of your comments there.) A memorial is being held Thursday.
ReplyDeletehttp://royalredwoodranch.blogspot.com/
There's also a RRR Facebook page now: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15268271388&ref=mf
Peace.